Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I play music while watching slides (photos) with Home Sharing? iMac27 and Apple 4K.

I use to be able to associate a folder of "movie music" (various instrumentals) to play along with photos from my iMac through my Apple TV box via Home Sharing. Now I have an Apple 4K box and when I set up which photos on my iMac to show on our TV, there is no longer an option to associate a music folder with the photos. How do I do that now?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 12:02 PM

You can start your own music playing from the Music or Computers app.

You can then play a slideshow from:

• Photos > Shared > {Album} > Play Slideshow > Start Slideshow
  • Photos > Albums > {Album} > Play Slideshow > Start Slideshow
  • Computers > {Computer} > Photos > Albums > {Album} > Play Slideshow > Start Slideshow

Or you can start a slideshow playing and then use the Siri remote to start some music.

tt2

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 12:02 PM in response to photrain

You can start your own music playing from the Music or Computers app.

You can then play a slideshow from:

• Photos > Shared > {Album} > Play Slideshow > Start Slideshow
  • Photos > Albums > {Album} > Play Slideshow > Start Slideshow
  • Computers > {Computer} > Photos > Albums > {Album} > Play Slideshow > Start Slideshow

Or you can start a slideshow playing and then use the Siri remote to start some music.

tt2

How do I play music while watching slides (photos) with Home Sharing? iMac27 and Apple 4K.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.