Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove someone from Chat in Messages

On my iPhone, in the Chats, a page that is not in my Contacts keeps popping up. How can I remove this?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 11:23 AM

That does not look like any part of Apple Messages I’m familiar with, and the closest match I can find seems to be Facebook Messenger. (Which I have no experience with.) If I’m correct and this is Facebook Messenger, you will want to ask Facebook Support.

This is the Apple Messages app icon:

This is what the Apple Messages group chat display looks like:

With the Apple Messages group chat, here is how to add and remove people > Add and remove people in group text messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

But if this is some other chat app such as Facebook Messenger as I’d suspect, ask the support team for that particular app.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 11:23 AM in response to Nancy Blazis

That does not look like any part of Apple Messages I’m familiar with, and the closest match I can find seems to be Facebook Messenger. (Which I have no experience with.) If I’m correct and this is Facebook Messenger, you will want to ask Facebook Support.

This is the Apple Messages app icon:

This is what the Apple Messages group chat display looks like:

With the Apple Messages group chat, here is how to add and remove people > Add and remove people in group text messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

But if this is some other chat app such as Facebook Messenger as I’d suspect, ask the support team for that particular app.

How to remove someone from Chat in Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.