Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BLUETOOTH

Hi

My phone is not recognising any bluetooth devices that I have forgotten. I tried resetting the network but this didn't help. It recognised new bluetooth devices just not old ones

Thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 10:47 AM

For devices that were previously paired to your iPhone and then forgotten, you need to put the device itself into its pairing mode. Then your iPhone can recognize them and pair again.

Depending on the device, you may need to force it to forget your iPhone first.

4 replies

Jun 28, 2021 11:17 AM in response to EllenS12

Vehicle bluetooth implementations are notoriously bad. With my old truck it would stop working almost every other month, and I had to pull a fuse to get phone connectivity to work again.

First try to do a forced restart of your iPhone, since that's much easier. Instructions are here: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios

If that doesn't help, you might need to find out how to perform a reboot or full reset of the vehicle's infotainment system. In a newer Ford you hold down the Power and Seek/Skip Forward buttons for about 10 seconds. Couldn't tell you about other makes/models.

BLUETOOTH

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.