Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reset phone with no wifi

My phone won't connect to wifi or bluetooth and it no longer has service because i got a new one. How do I do a factory reset?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 12:18 PM

If your iPhone is semi-bricked and won’t connect to Wi-Fi or cellular, then you’re left to connect to a computer via USB and perform a factory reset, or to try a local reset.

Factory reset, using a computer > Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Or a local reset, if your iPhone still sorta-kinda still works, but will not connect to Wi-Fi or cellular, and cannot be reset using a computer > How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 12:18 PM in response to Dad_of7

If your iPhone is semi-bricked and won’t connect to Wi-Fi or cellular, then you’re left to connect to a computer via USB and perform a factory reset, or to try a local reset.

Factory reset, using a computer > Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Or a local reset, if your iPhone still sorta-kinda still works, but will not connect to Wi-Fi or cellular, and cannot be reset using a computer > How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jun 28, 2021 1:01 PM in response to Dad_of7

Dad_of7 wrote:

I have tried all of the above but since it won't connect to internet, it can't verify my password to shut off find my iphone etc. nothing is working

So to confirm what you have tried, you have connected this recalcitrant iPhone directly to your Mac or Windows computer using a USB-A or USB-C to Lightning cable, and have failed? This USB cable often being the same cable used to charge the iPhone?

And to confirm what else you have also already tried, you have previously removed this iPhone from your Apple ID using iCloud.com?

reset phone with no wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.