Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor audio quality on Apple TV 4K

I have my Apple TV 4K running through my Pioneer AVR. I have owned three other streaming boxes set up the same way with great audio results. With the Apple TV the sound quality is poor and you have to turn the receiver all the way up to hear dialog. It’s ridiculous. They give you no options in the menu to fix this problem. I’ve read through other complaints on this. Doing the fixes people talk about don’t work. One guy said “well. I guess it’s time for you upgrade your AVR” that’s so lame. My system would work great if Apple would simply let it do it’s job. I have two of these.

So disappointed.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 3:53 PM

I'm not assuming anything you did not indicate you were using Ethernet from the router to the Apple TV, what I am saying is have you tried some networking basics? I play all 4 of my Apple TV 4's through receivers and have no issues at all.

The basics are:

• Reset and restart the modem, yes even if everything else works just fine.
  • Reset and restart the router, yes even if everything else works just fine. Verify the Ethernet cables are connected well andare in good shape
  • Unplug Apple TV for 2-3 minutes and then re-connect and re-test.

Verify, you using a very high quality HDMI cable, no not all HDMI connects are the same. The HDMI cable should be certified by it's manufacturer as a 4K cable.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 3:53 PM in response to Zach Desart

I'm not assuming anything you did not indicate you were using Ethernet from the router to the Apple TV, what I am saying is have you tried some networking basics? I play all 4 of my Apple TV 4's through receivers and have no issues at all.

The basics are:

• Reset and restart the modem, yes even if everything else works just fine.
  • Reset and restart the router, yes even if everything else works just fine. Verify the Ethernet cables are connected well andare in good shape
  • Unplug Apple TV for 2-3 minutes and then re-connect and re-test.

Verify, you using a very high quality HDMI cable, no not all HDMI connects are the same. The HDMI cable should be certified by it's manufacturer as a 4K cable.

Poor audio quality on Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.