Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone won’t automatically turn on when charging any more

I just noticed this when I phone runs out of battery it doesn’t automatically start back up as it normally did.

i would plug it in to charge and between 2-7 minutes it would start back up automatically

but now when I put it on charge (the charging symbol displays) I can leave my phone there for 1-8hrs and it will still be off. I have to manually turn it on and it would be full charged.

why is it not automatically turning can be quite annoying. Just started noticing this on iOS 14.6

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 12:08 PM

Hi PaulDarrenMcclung,

Thanks for reaching out through Apple Support Communities! We'd love to look into this with you and help in any way we can. Please let us know more about what's going on.

Does this same behavior happen when using a different charging cable and power adapter? Testing with another cable and power adapter would help to isolate the cause of the behavior to one of the charging components, or to your iPhone.

If you determine an issue with the charging accessories you're using, the following guide has information to help:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 12:08 PM in response to PaulDarrenMcclung

Hi PaulDarrenMcclung,

Thanks for reaching out through Apple Support Communities! We'd love to look into this with you and help in any way we can. Please let us know more about what's going on.

Does this same behavior happen when using a different charging cable and power adapter? Testing with another cable and power adapter would help to isolate the cause of the behavior to one of the charging components, or to your iPhone.

If you determine an issue with the charging accessories you're using, the following guide has information to help:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Have a great day!

Jun 29, 2021 12:37 PM in response to jcasapple

Yes I’ve tried different cables. I’ve used the one that came with my iPhone, my iPad charger and two of my wireless charger it does same thing. The iPhone 11 Pro Max is charging it just won’t automatically turn on at certain point it’s started doing this on iOS 14.6. On ios 14.5 when I plugged my phone in it would take 2-5 minutes to automatically turn back on and it would be at 7% and still charging.

My iPhone won’t automatically turn on when charging any more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.