Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t get my Apple TV GEN 3 to authenticate. Password not good

It appears that if I enter the correct password when prompted to, I get prompt it on my iPhone what is six digit code. Everywhere I looked online it says you need to Enter the six digit code but when I do it doesn’t work. Does anyone know what the scoop is on this?

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 9:45 PM

• Apple TV asks for Apple ID password, enter it.
  • An authentication code will be sent to your iPhone or iPad or Mac.
  • Apple TV asks for the Apple ID password again, enter it followed by the authentication code. For example if your Apple ID password is XYZ123 and the authentication code is 4567 enter XYZ1234567
  • Do this quickly or it will time out!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 9:45 PM in response to DJmegahertz

• Apple TV asks for Apple ID password, enter it.
  • An authentication code will be sent to your iPhone or iPad or Mac.
  • Apple TV asks for the Apple ID password again, enter it followed by the authentication code. For example if your Apple ID password is XYZ123 and the authentication code is 4567 enter XYZ1234567
  • Do this quickly or it will time out!

Jun 29, 2021 5:11 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Oh my gosh that actually worked! I don’t know why I didn’t see this before, it should be documented better. What is really odd is that when I went to settings it showed that I was logged in but when I try to launch Apple TV it kept forcing this password. It must be a separate login which required on this device. Thanks again for helping me out here!!

I can’t get my Apple TV GEN 3 to authenticate. Password not good

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.