Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hey Siri not working

How to fix: I've done all the recommended solutions, but "Hey Siri" still not working. It works when I press the right-side button. What's wrong! iPhone 12 Pro new last week.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 9:48 AM

GavCars,

Thanks for the reply. The next step would be to contact Apple Support directly. They can be reached here: Get Support, or by calling the most applicable phone number listed here: Contact Apple for support and service.

All the best.

6 replies

Jun 29, 2021 4:47 PM in response to GavCars

Hi GavCars,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand that the "Hey Siri" feature isn't working, so we'd like to help out. It appears that you've had a chance to review If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad, which is great. If you haven't done so already, it would also be a good idea to Restart your iPhone. This may seem like a simple step, but it can resolve some issues. If restarting doesn't help, make sure your iPhone is running the latest iOS version: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you need more help, reply to this message with the answers to these questions:

• When you went through setting up "Hey Siri" again, did it seem to detect your voice?
  • Has this feature ever worked on your iPhone? If so, do you recall any changes that were made before it stopped working?

Take care.

Jun 29, 2021 7:25 PM in response to judysings

Hi,

We have gone through setting up "Hey Siri" several times. It does detect voice during setup. I've reset, and even performed a factory reset and reinstalled it from iCloud. Nothing has worked for "Hey Siri" to work. It works when press and hold the side button.

The iPhone is only two weeks old and this feature worked until two days ago. It is on the latest upgrade. I can't think of any changes that may have caused this.

Regards,

Gavin Carson

Hey Siri not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.