You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch initiating unwanted group chats?

40% of the time that I messaged my mother off of my Apple Watch, it includes it in a group chat with two of my coworkers. I have no clue how this started, because the four of us have never been in a group chat before, and I will simply tell Siri send a message to Momma 💕40% of the time that I message my mother off of my Apple Watch, it includes it in a group chat with two of my coworkers. I have no clue how this started, because the four of us have never been in a group chat before, and I will simply tell Siri send a message to Momma 💕 and it asks me which one and I click her phone number. Five minutes later I’m getting a response back from my coworkers. Please help 😰

The most recent time, I texted off of my Apple Watch, and the full conversation is visible on my watch, but when I go to my iPhone my message is not there. Also it appears to be intermingling said group chat, with texts with my mom that I know were one on one conversations within the same thread. (On my watch but not phone.) I am so confused

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 8:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 5:51 AM

Hi abbybobabby,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. 

It sounds like when you ask Siri to text your mother using your Apple Watch the conversation is included in a group message and we’re happy to help! Let’s make sure that the software on your iPhone and Apple Watch are updated to the latest supported versions iOS 14.6 and watchOS 7.5. Updating the software can help us rule out a potential software problem. Remember to Back up iPhone first before you Update iOS on iPhone and Update your Apple Watch.

If your devices are updated and you continue to experience the same issue, then follow all the steps in the Apple Support article If you can’t send or receive messages on your Apple Watch.

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 30, 2021 5:51 AM in response to abbybobabby

Hi abbybobabby,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. 

It sounds like when you ask Siri to text your mother using your Apple Watch the conversation is included in a group message and we’re happy to help! Let’s make sure that the software on your iPhone and Apple Watch are updated to the latest supported versions iOS 14.6 and watchOS 7.5. Updating the software can help us rule out a potential software problem. Remember to Back up iPhone first before you Update iOS on iPhone and Update your Apple Watch.

If your devices are updated and you continue to experience the same issue, then follow all the steps in the Apple Support article If you can’t send or receive messages on your Apple Watch.

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Apple Watch initiating unwanted group chats?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.