Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

numbers line chart interactive

Hi there :) hoping someone could help please with this?

I'm trying to set up something on Numbers for social media followers.

I like this current setup of the chart above the tables (pic attached) but I can't find out how to make the chart interactive? what I mean by that is I'm trying to make it so that when I click the arrows (like on an interactive chart), only the lines change to reflect the different social media type (Tiktok, Twitter, Insta).

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 8:01 AM

Hi s_pellegrino,

The INDIRECT function is your friend.

From the Function Browser,

The INDIRECT function returns the contents of a cell or range referenced by an address specified as a string value.

If each social media type contains the same data in column A (Date) and column B (Goal), you can use another table to pull data from column C (Actual) of a chosen table.

I shortened the table names.

The single-cell table "Choose" is a Pop-Up Menu.

Formula in C2 of the "Data for Graph" table:

INDIRECT(Choose::A$1&":: "&ROW())

Choosing Twitter from the Pop-Up Menu:

Use the "Data for Graph" table to construct your graph. It will interactively show the values in column C.

Regards,

Ian.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 8:01 AM in response to s_pellegrino

Hi s_pellegrino,

The INDIRECT function is your friend.

From the Function Browser,

The INDIRECT function returns the contents of a cell or range referenced by an address specified as a string value.

If each social media type contains the same data in column A (Date) and column B (Goal), you can use another table to pull data from column C (Actual) of a chosen table.

I shortened the table names.

The single-cell table "Choose" is a Pop-Up Menu.

Formula in C2 of the "Data for Graph" table:

INDIRECT(Choose::A$1&":: "&ROW())

Choosing Twitter from the Pop-Up Menu:

Use the "Data for Graph" table to construct your graph. It will interactively show the values in column C.

Regards,

Ian.

numbers line chart interactive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.