Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changing default ringtone??

i’ve noticed that whenever i get an instagram notification, twitch notification, or any similar app that doesn’t have their own sound (like snapchat), it’s ALWAYS tri-tone. i was wondering if this could be changed to something else. even within apple’s choices, i think there are way better choices since i find tri-tone obnoxious and alarming. i want to chose a more calmer ringtone. it doesn’t give me an option to change this “default” ringtone i can change my phone call ringtone, text, mail, calendar, etc. but never this. i hope we get to, in the future change this default ringtone to a different one or even better, chose different ringtones for different apps i would love to have more freedom with my ringtone choices

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 4:45 PM

The app developer has the option to choose a tone or to allow you to choose one. You need to contact the developer of each app.

1 reply

changing default ringtone??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.