Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send PDF through airdrop

I cannot find pdf files that I sent to my iPad via Airdrop. There wasn't any prompt or anything on the iPad when the file is, supposedly, sent.

There's nothing wrong with device discoverability as sending photos and videos worked fine and can be found in the photos app.

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 10:08 AM

Howdy,

If you can't find where an AirDropped item went on your iPad…

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch states

If you AirDrop something to yourself, like a photo from your iPhone to your Mac, you won't see an option to Accept or Decline — it'll automatically get sent to your device.

and

AirDrop will come through within the same app it was sent from. For example, photos appear in the Photos app and websites open in Safari

So check the similar App from where it was sent or maybe the Files App.

If you still can't find it and remember the name, search for the file by dragging down from the middle of the Home Screen to get the search field.

If you still can't find it, try AirDropping a similar known file again and search for that. You may find where they are going.

ivan

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 10:08 AM in response to Tirani_Day

Howdy,

If you can't find where an AirDropped item went on your iPad…

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch states

If you AirDrop something to yourself, like a photo from your iPhone to your Mac, you won't see an option to Accept or Decline — it'll automatically get sent to your device.

and

AirDrop will come through within the same app it was sent from. For example, photos appear in the Photos app and websites open in Safari

So check the similar App from where it was sent or maybe the Files App.

If you still can't find it and remember the name, search for the file by dragging down from the middle of the Home Screen to get the search field.

If you still can't find it, try AirDropping a similar known file again and search for that. You may find where they are going.

ivan

Jul 1, 2021 4:03 AM in response to ivan54

Thanks for the reply, apparently the problem was caused by the system saving them in one of my messaging app that had functions similar to 'drive'. I found this out by airdropping a huge pdf and manually checking the storage used by each apps. The file couldn't be searched with iPad's spotlight because I disabled this 'drive' function of the app, but apparently it still had effect on files I sent through airdrop, hence the confusion.

Can't send PDF through airdrop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.