Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS -Loss of volume in earphones

Suddenly the volume in my earphones (wired) has been cut by at least half using my iPhone Xs. It’s not the earphones or connector since they work fine with other iPhones. I’ve tried every setting I could find, and none had been changed, nor does it make any difference if I change those settings now.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 6:15 PM

Hi bmarshalla,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're experiencing lower volume than expected when using a set of wired headphones. Happy to help with this.

You mention testing the earphones and connecting adapter with other iPhones. Have you tested your iPhone with other headphones?

You also mentioned adjusting any settings you can find. Just wanted to point out one that is sometimes missed related to volume limits.

Limit the headphone volume

Take a look in Settings > Sound and Haptics > Reduce Loud Sounds. If this is set too low it could impact the volume.

Is this happening with all applications, or just certain ones?

Feel free to reply with these details and we will try to assist. Take care for now.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 6:15 PM in response to bmarshalla

Hi bmarshalla,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're experiencing lower volume than expected when using a set of wired headphones. Happy to help with this.

You mention testing the earphones and connecting adapter with other iPhones. Have you tested your iPhone with other headphones?

You also mentioned adjusting any settings you can find. Just wanted to point out one that is sometimes missed related to volume limits.

Limit the headphone volume

Take a look in Settings > Sound and Haptics > Reduce Loud Sounds. If this is set too low it could impact the volume.

Is this happening with all applications, or just certain ones?

Feel free to reply with these details and we will try to assist. Take care for now.

iPhone XS -Loss of volume in earphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.