Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Skipping Songs (2021)

I’m having a repetitive issue with Apple Music where it’ll automatically skip through a bunch of songs and eventually land on a song that plays.

This issue occurs on both wifi and cellular and with both streamed and downloaded tracks. Sometimes restarting the app will rectify but this rarely works and when it does the issue will continue not long after.

I thought it may have been to do with the region I’m playing from (Australia) however searching the song at another time has allowed it to play despite it not playing when selected from my library.

The issue also occurs on a friends device with similar symptoms.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 7:53 AM

Hi QMD98Y,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your music is skipping songs and giving the error shown above. Make sure you're running he latest iOS version in Settings > General > Software Update. Restart iPhone.

Go to Settings > [your name] > Media & Purchases, sign out, restart iPhone, and sign back in. This will remove all music available for offline listening, but you can download it back to your phone once you're signed in.

Warm regards.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2021 7:53 AM in response to QMD98Y

Hi QMD98Y,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your music is skipping songs and giving the error shown above. Make sure you're running he latest iOS version in Settings > General > Software Update. Restart iPhone.

Go to Settings > [your name] > Media & Purchases, sign out, restart iPhone, and sign back in. This will remove all music available for offline listening, but you can download it back to your phone once you're signed in.

Warm regards.

Apple Music Skipping Songs (2021)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.