Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I delete photos on icloud but leave on phone

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 4:37 AM

If you use iCloud Photos, whatever you do in iCloud or on your device is reflected everywhere. Therefore, if you delete photos in iCloud, they are deleted from your device. Read the related article that is in the upper left portion of this web page.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

You may want to archive your photos so that you can remove them from iCloud. This explains how to do that.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 4:37 AM in response to whonoes

If you use iCloud Photos, whatever you do in iCloud or on your device is reflected everywhere. Therefore, if you delete photos in iCloud, they are deleted from your device. Read the related article that is in the upper left portion of this web page.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

You may want to archive your photos so that you can remove them from iCloud. This explains how to do that.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.