Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the same issue, Red dots lower left corner: Note: only happens after login

I have the same issue, red dot lower left corner: Mac OS BigSur 11.3.1

Please see attached pictures

Note: only happens after login, all screens after that affected

does not happen when booting or before login.

after login, it stays with or without applications running, changed all backgrounds but stays.

Any ideas? is this hardware or software issue?

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 9:25 AM

3 replies

Jul 1, 2021 10:50 AM in response to night bird

Greetings night bird,

From your post we can see that you're getting a small red dot on your screen when you login, not when booting or prior to login.

Thanks for sharing the screenshot so we can see the example. We can see you're not using the latest macOS. Updating your software might be of help.

If you'd rather not update the macOS, as a suggestion to narrow this down, you might want to start in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac We're suggesting this because you mentioned it happens at login and this might help narrow it down. If you find it's not happening while in safe mode, you can check your login items.

If it's still happening while in safe mode, this might be of help: About LCD display pixel anomalies for Apple products released in 2010 and later It gives you great suggestions about why this might be occurring.

Take care.

I have the same issue, Red dots lower left corner: Note: only happens after login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.