Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos don't show

I upgraded to High Sierra from El Capitan on my Macbook air. I have had to pull my photos back up. some of them are not showing despite what I do. Can anyone help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 10:04 AM

Is your library synced with iCloud (this is the only reason I can see why photos might be gradually appearing over a period of time.

If so, it may be that the upgrade to High Sierra has triggered a new sync of all the photos. Depending on the size of your library, this can take days, or even weeks.

4 replies

Jul 1, 2021 9:25 AM in response to TonyCollinet

1. When I first opened photos, I could right click and see the information about the photo but could not see the photo. Slowly as I clicked on each photo they began showing up; however, I am now back in 2014, and many of the photos, again I can see the info (such as the f-stop, the ISO and the camera type) but no photo. The farther I go back from 2014, the fewer photos are appearing.
  2. When I try to, for instance, locate all photos for a certain person, only a few of the photos (amongst the many that the "search" bar says are available will appear. It is far more than when I first opened photos up, but still not the entire lot.
  3. I tries to read about photos with the change from El Capitan to Mojave and it said something to the effect that it was scanning photos in to the new photos, but some of these photos have not appeared at exactly the same time, with the same camera and the same size for 48 hours. I think that the most frustrating thing is that I can right click and see what the photo is, and all the info about the photo, just cannot see the photo.
  4. As I said, All the photos that previously were not appearing in the beginning from 2021 to 2014 have appeared, but beginning in late 2014, fewer and fewer photos are appearing, only their data.
  5. I hope that this makes more sense.

Photos don't show

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.