Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to read messages in icloud

where do I go to read my messages in icloud...don't see anything that says 'messages'

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 1:14 PM

Messages can be synced through iCloud but there is no option to access them using an internet browser at iCloud.com. Also see the following from Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

You can use Messages in iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, and Mac. For your privacy, Messages in iCloud is end-to-end encrypted,* which means you can't view or access Messages online via browser. 

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 1:14 PM in response to demetra258

Messages can be synced through iCloud but there is no option to access them using an internet browser at iCloud.com. Also see the following from Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

You can use Messages in iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, and Mac. For your privacy, Messages in iCloud is end-to-end encrypted,* which means you can't view or access Messages online via browser. 

Jul 1, 2021 8:08 AM in response to demetra258

If you had iCloud Messages ( Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support ) turned on then your messages are synced with iCloud (and your other devices if it was also turned on in them) and they are not included in an iCloud Backup. Syncing includes all changes made to messages, including deletions -- if you delete from a device they are also deleted from iCloud. See the following from What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

When you use Messages in iCloud or turn on iCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. That means that they're not included in your iCloud Backup.

If you did not have Messages in the Cloud turned on, then messages would be included in an iCloud Backup. You cannot view contents of iCloud Backup; you can only use it to do a full restore (not just messages) of your iPhone or iPad which will replace all data that is currently on your device with the data from the time of the backup. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Jun 30, 2021 10:21 PM in response to FoxFifth

I guess I didn’t get enough clarity… I need to access my messages on iCloud because I am looking for archive messages and messages that I have deleted on my phone. Since they are backed up I would assume they are somewhere on the cloud. How do I see the archive of my messages? If they are being backed up where are they being backed up to?Thank you!

Jul 1, 2021 8:26 AM in response to demetra258

demetra258 wrote:

I guess I didn’t get enough clarity… I need to access my messages on iCloud because I am looking for archive messages and messages that I have deleted on my phone.

You cannot go to icloud.com and view messages. That is not an option.

If you were using iCloud Syncing for Messages and you deleted them, they are gone. Full stop.

how to read messages in icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.