Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot find my contacts on my I-phone 7S. The icloud does not have them. Does anyone know how I can retrieve them ?

I cannot find my contacts on my I-phone 7S. The icloud does not have them. Does anyone know how I can retrieve them ?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 1:05 PM

Contacts are not stored on an iPhone; they are synced from one or more email accounts. All email accounts that you are logged in to on the phone have an option to show contacts, so go to Settings/Mail/Accounts and tap on each account to verify that Contacts is turned on.

Then open the Contacts App. Do you see Groups in the upper left corner? If you do tap on it and make sure all groups are checked.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 1:05 PM in response to iphonecontactsrecovery

Contacts are not stored on an iPhone; they are synced from one or more email accounts. All email accounts that you are logged in to on the phone have an option to show contacts, so go to Settings/Mail/Accounts and tap on each account to verify that Contacts is turned on.

Then open the Contacts App. Do you see Groups in the upper left corner? If you do tap on it and make sure all groups are checked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.