Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to type in a time without current date?

I'm trying to create a pop-up menu which contain a list of time(ex: 10:00, 11:00, 12:00...), but every time when I type in a time, it always come with current date, whatever I've formatted the cell or not, it couldn't match the date what I want.

Anyone got idea to avoid it? or any chance to matching the time with the right date?

Thank you so much

Roger

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 3:34 PM

There are a few oddities when it comes to popup menu items. I guess this is one of them. If you try to create your popup the traditional way, using the formatting sidebar, you'll end up with date&time values. You can accomplish what you want, though.

Format some cells in a column of a table to be text

Enter your "times" in those cells. They will be text, not date&time values

Select all those cells and format them as popup menu.

Copy/paste one of them to wherever you want the popup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 3:34 PM in response to RogerLee_1981

There are a few oddities when it comes to popup menu items. I guess this is one of them. If you try to create your popup the traditional way, using the formatting sidebar, you'll end up with date&time values. You can accomplish what you want, though.

Format some cells in a column of a table to be text

Enter your "times" in those cells. They will be text, not date&time values

Select all those cells and format them as popup menu.

Copy/paste one of them to wherever you want the popup.

How to type in a time without current date?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.