Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: About Apple USB power adapters

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will it damage my iPhone 12 Pro if I use my old iPhone X charger? Verizon told me it would.

Will it damage my iPhone 12 Pro if I use my old iPhone X charger? Verizon told me it would.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 4:42 PM

That will not damage it. In fact, Apple encourages it. See the following from Buy iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max - Apple

As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max do not include a power adapter or EarPods. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.

We encourage you to re‑use your current USB‑A to Lightning cables, power adapters, and headphones which are compatible with these iPhone models. But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 4:42 PM in response to iPhone12New

That will not damage it. In fact, Apple encourages it. See the following from Buy iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max - Apple

As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max do not include a power adapter or EarPods. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.

We encourage you to re‑use your current USB‑A to Lightning cables, power adapters, and headphones which are compatible with these iPhone models. But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase.

Jul 12, 2021 6:16 PM in response to FoxFifth

I have tried to use the old iphone 10xr cable with my new iphone 12 pro and IT DOES NOT WORK! i would like to be able to hook the new iphone 12 pro to my computer to transfer music and audiobooks from itunes, but when i plug the cable into the phone nothing happens, it worked fine in my old 10xr but not in the new 12 pro i am wondering what kind of BS Apple is pulling with this garbage??????????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.