Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Apple ID after computer is setup?

I have a new Mac Pro, being set up from Time Machine on Ext Drive. Everything was going fine, until it asked for Apple ID. Somehow, it's having a problem registering it, even though it's correct with Password. The wheel has been spinning forever, I don't know if I click Set Up Later, just to continue with the process instead of waiting for the wheel to stop spinning, whether I won't be able to register to the existing Apple ID? I want to make sure I'm connected with that ID, for Cloud, ITune, etc. Can I just click Set Up Later to continue setting it up and then come back to that later on, once computer is running, without any issues?

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 9:24 PM

That is what I usually do. In my case, I don't want iCloud to start syncing or anything else automatically, so I sign in later after I have set up my Preferences. You are referring to a brand new Mac, right?

2 replies

Can I use Apple ID after computer is setup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.