Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment Information

I'm trying to add a new/different credit card to my apple tv account, and I changed the info on my online profile but the tv app will not update and I can no longer make purchases, how do I fix this??????

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 2:02 AM

Did you keep the same Apple ID account? (You should.) Users are encouraged to use their one Apple ID account all their devices. The payment method is for the account and all its future expenses, on any of your devices.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Manage your Apple ID account online - Apple

You can have multiple payment methods, but have at least one. Add the new card first, before removing the old one. Invalid/​expired methods should be removed. You can change the order in which they are tried for use. Cards will require the expiration date and credit cards will require the CVC code. You can’t add cards that were issued in a different country than your billing address is for. You can’t add blocked/​revoked/​expired cards. Some debit cards are not suitable for subscriptions. Different regions may have different payment method requirements.

If you need further assistance and/or checks on your account, then contact the Apple Support staff. Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2021 2:02 AM in response to rain202

Did you keep the same Apple ID account? (You should.) Users are encouraged to use their one Apple ID account all their devices. The payment method is for the account and all its future expenses, on any of your devices.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Manage your Apple ID account online - Apple

You can have multiple payment methods, but have at least one. Add the new card first, before removing the old one. Invalid/​expired methods should be removed. You can change the order in which they are tried for use. Cards will require the expiration date and credit cards will require the CVC code. You can’t add cards that were issued in a different country than your billing address is for. You can’t add blocked/​revoked/​expired cards. Some debit cards are not suitable for subscriptions. Different regions may have different payment method requirements.

If you need further assistance and/or checks on your account, then contact the Apple Support staff. Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Payment Information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.