Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete multiple messages at one time on Imessage?

I would like to delete multiple messages at one time on messages on my mac. I have tried using control, selecting the messages, and then delete, but the prompt asking me if I want to delete the messages does not show up.

So, how do I do this?

To clarify: I do NOT want to delete the whole conversation. I only want to delete a few messages from the conversation.

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 8:40 AM

Nopittynope7 Said:

"How to delete multiple messages at one time on Imessage?" [...]To clarify: I do NOT want to delete the whole conversation. I only want to delete a few messages from the conversation."

-------

Hold Down the shift Key:

Try holding down the shift key, and see if you can select them as desired. Holding command+a, you can only select a group of messages. It is not designed to work that way. But, see if hodling down the shift key does the trick.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2021 8:40 AM in response to Nopittynope7

Nopittynope7 Said:

"How to delete multiple messages at one time on Imessage?" [...]To clarify: I do NOT want to delete the whole conversation. I only want to delete a few messages from the conversation."

-------

Hold Down the shift Key:

Try holding down the shift key, and see if you can select them as desired. Holding command+a, you can only select a group of messages. It is not designed to work that way. But, see if hodling down the shift key does the trick.

Jul 24, 2021 7:23 PM in response to Rindee42fandon

Rindee42fandon Said:

"How do you delete more than one email at a time"

-------

Using Mail on a Mac:

View Mail in List View, and then select the emails.

Select in List View:

1. Open: Mail
  2. Go to: View menu
  3. Select: Use Column Layout
  4. Select: the messages***
  5. Right Click: on one of the messages
  6. Select: Delete

***Selecting the Messages:

• Use the shift key to select a group of messages
  • Use the command key to select certain items

Jul 24, 2021 3:38 PM in response to Nopittynope7

Like Nopittynope7 said, select the message that you want to start with and hold down the "Shift" key and scroll and click to the last one, it will select the messages and them you can press the "Delete" key. (just click on the message there in pop-up menus like iPhone, the message will turn dark when it is selected I tried it out before posting)

How to delete multiple messages at one time on Imessage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.