Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ECG on Apple Watch Series 6

I purchased an Apple watch today and everything seems to be paired and working except the ECG feature. When I follow the steps in the manual and the health app the step of opening the ECG app on my watch does not work. I can see that it is installed, all software is up to date, etc but it absolutely will not open on the watch. It looks like others have had issues with this feature but I don’t see a solution that fits my problem. Any advice?

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 7:02 PM

Where do you live. The ECG function is only available in countries where it has been approved by the government agency responsible for medical devices.

Countries that have approved the ECG function

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.4; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.5; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.6; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.6  HomePods, audioOS 14.6 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2021 7:02 PM in response to sesoper

Where do you live. The ECG function is only available in countries where it has been approved by the government agency responsible for medical devices.

Countries that have approved the ECG function

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.4; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.5; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.6; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.6  HomePods, audioOS 14.6 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

ECG on Apple Watch Series 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.