Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new mail not showing

When I look at my mail, I have 205 new emails in all inboxes. I have SEVERAL inboxes.

In one of them, it shows 21 new emails. When I go to the inbox itself it doesn't show any new emails, only read ones. I select show only new emails and nothing shows. There are no emails in junk or anywhere else. Why aren't my new emails showing in the mail box?

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 1:43 AM

there is a message that comes up in mail - cannot send mail, the connection to the server{domain.com) Failed.

I dont know why if it worked before, why it is not working now

5 replies

Jul 3, 2021 9:02 AM in response to sjpals

Hi sjpals,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you have several emails that are not showing in your inboxes of the Mail app. Make sure you're running the latest iOS version shown in Settings > General > Software Update. Restart your device. Log in to your email account from a browser and double check that the emails show in your inbox. Test to make sure you can send and receive an email to the affected email account.

Feel free to add more details to this post.

Warm regards.

Jul 4, 2021 1:40 AM in response to chris_g1

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have the latest IOS

I have restarted the device

In terms of send / recieve, all accounts are working through my laptop (on thunderbird, hotmail, gmail and cpanel)

On my phone all of the accounts worked in the past and have now stopped working.

Three accounts work - 2 hotmail and one Gmail eg they are receiving mail. BUT they show an incorrect amount of 'new' messages on the initial mail boxes screen.

ALL of my cpanel accounts are not working on my iphone. They did before, but suddenly stopped. I have tried deleting the mail box for some of them and then adding it again, but exactly the same amount of incorrect 'unread' messages are showing and no new mail comes through.

Jul 4, 2021 1:49 AM in response to sjpals

I have just realised that although I am receiving my hotmail messages, when I am deleting them, it is not updating them in hotmail, hence I have a wildly different amount of unread messages in my phone as opposed to hotmail.

This is entirely different to the cpanel accounts. I have read all the messages in thunderbird, and it is not updating the iphone and nothing is coming through to iphone at all

new mail not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.