Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t change appleid email

My original appleid email is outdated but I’m unable to change my appleid email. I get the message “email is unavailable.“ How do I proceed?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 6:23 AM

I assume that the original ID is a non-Apple email address. You should be able to change it to another non-Apple address which basn't been associated with an Apple ID; or to your main @icloud.com address (the one you created when you opened the iCloud account). You can't change it to an email alias (additional address having a different text before the '@' from the main iCloud address).

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 6:23 AM in response to cahjoon

I assume that the original ID is a non-Apple email address. You should be able to change it to another non-Apple address which basn't been associated with an Apple ID; or to your main @icloud.com address (the one you created when you opened the iCloud account). You can't change it to an email alias (additional address having a different text before the '@' from the main iCloud address).

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Can’t change appleid email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.