Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 11 Phonak hearing aids disconnect

Jill used these Phonak hearing aids with an iPhone 7 trouble free for several years.

Set up in iPhone 11 all updated etc went trouble free after installation of my Phonak app

Incoming calls auto answer no Problem

PROBLEM: after 4 to 7 minutes Bluetooth connection to hearing aids disconnects. I don't lose the call and can continue on speaker. I've uninstalled the hearing devices from Bluetooth, uninstalled/reinstall Phonak app rebooted iPhone 11 & hearing aids connected to Bluetooth trouble-free. Next call I was on hold for 5 minutes + Bluetooth disconnected from hearing aids, but the connection not lost and I was able to complete call.

Hearing aid dealer called me this iphone 12 same issue after 6 minutes

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 12:50 PM

My Phonak hearing aids worked flawlessly with my iPhone 7 for several years. I assume they are compatible

Now with the 11

These same hearing aids connected trouble free following the instructions 1. Install "MyPhonak" app following instructions pairing to buletooth trouble free

MY PROBLEM IS only AFTER RECEIVING A CALL. The connection phone/Bluetooth hearing aids is dropped after I've been connected 5-7 min. Then Bluetooth connection to hearing aids is lost NOT the phone call. The call remains connected, but the caller can no longer hear me Until I put phone on speaker phone

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 12:50 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

My Phonak hearing aids worked flawlessly with my iPhone 7 for several years. I assume they are compatible

Now with the 11

These same hearing aids connected trouble free following the instructions 1. Install "MyPhonak" app following instructions pairing to buletooth trouble free

MY PROBLEM IS only AFTER RECEIVING A CALL. The connection phone/Bluetooth hearing aids is dropped after I've been connected 5-7 min. Then Bluetooth connection to hearing aids is lost NOT the phone call. The call remains connected, but the caller can no longer hear me Until I put phone on speaker phone

Jul 2, 2021 1:03 PM in response to NelsonsPalmBeach

NelsonsPalmBeach wrote:

Now with the 11

It seems as they are having issues with newer iPhone model according to the information they posted on their support website https://product-support.phonak.com/s/article/Connecting-Phonak-hearing-aid-to-an-iPhone?language=en_US

Please note: Phonak has noticed that with some iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR, there may be intermittent connectivity issues during phone calls when using Phonak Marvel hearing aids. The issue will be solved with the latest Phonak Marvel firmware update. Please contact your hearing care professional to improve the compatibility of your Phonak Marvel hearing aids with iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR.  

Contact Phonak tech support to find out when would they release firmware update they are on about it.

New iPhone 11 Phonak hearing aids disconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.