Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo is not editable

4 photos on my iPhone which cannot be edited or deleted using Photos

If I select them all, trashcan is grayed out

If I select 1, message appears "this photo is not editable" and the only option available is to duplicate and edit a copy

I can hide the photos and they are not large files but this seems like an inadequate solution

iPhone SE 2nd ed iOS 14.6

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 11:03 AM

Hello andrewfromeast wareham!

Looks like you are trying to remove some photos from your device and running into some issues. We are here to help! If those photos were synced to the device from iTunes or Finder, then you will need to disable that sync to remove them. This article goes into detail: Sync your photos manually using the Finder.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2021 11:03 AM in response to andrewfromeast wareham

Hello andrewfromeast wareham!

Looks like you are trying to remove some photos from your device and running into some issues. We are here to help! If those photos were synced to the device from iTunes or Finder, then you will need to disable that sync to remove them. This article goes into detail: Sync your photos manually using the Finder.

Cheers!

Jul 5, 2021 11:42 AM in response to SnickZ.

Thanks SnickZ - this solved my problem EVENTUALLY. By the time I realized I did not want to sync 30K photos from my MacBook to my iPhone the only way I could figure to stop it was to literally pull the plug. By that time I had transferred 1,200 photos. The photos app on my iPhone showed that it was still syncing, so I could not just delete them and it took some time for me to figure out how to "negatively sync" those 1,200 photos but apparently I did (not sure I could describe). Still, grateful for the advice.

AJ

photo is not editable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.