Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clicking on any system preferences options won't work

Hi I have a magic trackpad and a magic keyboard. I use them on my new Mac Mini (m1). I have a very strange problem and I cant find it in the forum. I cant click on any system preferences settings. I can open the system preferences, I can also click on any option, but when I click on anything else, like the button unlock admin privileges or the button to manage the iCloud storage, i cant click on any of them! Its very frustrating! I connected a regular wired mouse and it wont work either! Please help me. I've had this computer since February and its always given me the same problem, only now I really need to unlock admin privileges because I need to install some program. Either way I need to know if this is a hardware issue although I really don't think so. I can click and use my track pad perfectly fine on everything else, its just the system preferences that don't work.

Edit: I also have two monitors, one connected with hdmi another with usb-c

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 4:10 PM

Startup in Safe Mode followed by a normal Restart and test.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/start-up-your-mac-in-safe-mode-mh21245/mac

Similar questions

3 replies

Clicking on any system preferences options won't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.