Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I force Preview to open on my monitor?

I am running an external monitor off my MacBook Air. Most apps will open on my monitor if I had at least opened the app and moved to the monitor. For example, my Mail app will open on my monitor whenever I close and reopen. Same for google, iPhotos, Word...but not Pages. It will always open in a small screen on my laptop screen which I then have to enlarge and drag onto my monitor. Any tips on making Pages open on the monitor?

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 1:04 PM

Hi there Staynavytom,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you want to control which screen your Preview is opening on. You are not able to control that, but you can drag your apps to different screens for better viewing. It may also help to use mission control to change which apps are shown on your screens. Learn more about Mission Control here: Use Mission Control on your Mac.

We hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2021 1:04 PM in response to Staynavytom

Hi there Staynavytom,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you want to control which screen your Preview is opening on. You are not able to control that, but you can drag your apps to different screens for better viewing. It may also help to use mission control to change which apps are shown on your screens. Learn more about Mission Control here: Use Mission Control on your Mac.

We hope this helps!

How do I force Preview to open on my monitor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.