You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay help

I have added a second card onto my Apple wallet but when I try to buy something online I can’t proceed using that card. No errors are showing in my wallet and I’ve had confirmation that it has successfully been set up. Anyone know how to get around this? Is the first card just default that can’t be changed for online purchases?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 2:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 3:00 PM

With an iPhone, using Safari? See the following from How to use Apple Pay - Apple Support

(Bold added by me)

With your iPhone or iPad

1. Tap the Apple Pay button.
  2. Check your billing, shipping, and contact information to make sure that they're correct. If you want to pay with a different card, tap the next icon  next to your card.
  3. If you need to, enter your billing, shipping, and contact information. Apple Pay will store that information, so you won't need to enter it again.
  4. When you’re ready, make your purchase and confirm the payment.
    • iPhone or iPad with Face ID: Double-click the side button, then use Face ID or your passcode.
    • iPhone or iPad without Face ID: Use Touch ID or your passcode. 
    • Apple Watch: Double-click the side button. 
  1. When your payment is successful, you’ll see Done and a checkmark on the screen.

For other methods see other sections of How to use Apple Pay - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2021 3:00 PM in response to AnnaD15

With an iPhone, using Safari? See the following from How to use Apple Pay - Apple Support

(Bold added by me)

With your iPhone or iPad

1. Tap the Apple Pay button.
  2. Check your billing, shipping, and contact information to make sure that they're correct. If you want to pay with a different card, tap the next icon  next to your card.
  3. If you need to, enter your billing, shipping, and contact information. Apple Pay will store that information, so you won't need to enter it again.
  4. When you’re ready, make your purchase and confirm the payment.
    • iPhone or iPad with Face ID: Double-click the side button, then use Face ID or your passcode.
    • iPhone or iPad without Face ID: Use Touch ID or your passcode. 
    • Apple Watch: Double-click the side button. 
  1. When your payment is successful, you’ll see Done and a checkmark on the screen.

For other methods see other sections of How to use Apple Pay - Apple Support

Apple Pay help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.