Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer music from my old iPhone to my new one?

I have a new IPhone 12. My old phone has all my music, how do i transfer music to my new phone.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 3:28 PM

An iPhone can never serve as a music repository.

Hopefully your music is also somewhere else.

If you purchased your music from the iTunes Store, it can be re-downloaded from there to your new iPhone.

Redownload music - Apple Support

13 replies

Jul 16, 2021 2:29 PM in response to disquietous

disquietous wrote:

This is absolutely unsatisfactory. The files are there. There should be access to them. Even if they are converted into some proprietary format, there should be a supported migration process for retrieval.

Unsatisfactory or not, that’s the way iTunes works. You should have all the music on your computer, because that’s how it got to your old phone in the first place. Just sync it from your computer to your new phone→Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Jul 16, 2021 4:35 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

The iphone is backed up, but the files are definitely long gone from when and where they were imported. There's no good excuse for Apple not to supply an Apple-supported process for accessing any of my own data on my device. There are 3rd-party apps that do this, but I shouldn't have to resort to a 3rd-party app for something this elementary. This is poor customer serivce.

How to transfer music from my old iPhone to my new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.