Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2016 graphic issues

Hi everyone.

This has just happened and I honestly don't know what could be the issue. My MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) 2,9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 started showing the glitching I show in the image, it becomes unresponsive and it enters several cycles of booting and rebooting sometimes not showing anything at all (a completely dark screen). The issue first appeared while trying to edit a movie with iMovie which is a very resource intensive program.

I have had similar issues with my 2011 Mac and I don't know if this is a graphic card issue. But after the first appearance now it seems that as soon as the computer gets a bit hot, the glitch reappears. Has anybody heard anything about this? I have treated this Mac with great care and I work from home, so I have always made sure conditions are optimal. Still a problem arised and it is really frustrating since it seems like a problem I have had before.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 6:50 PM

Hi,

You'd better take your MacBook Pro to Genius Bar if your local retail Apple Store is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined it.

I think it's a hardware related issue.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Similar questions

2 replies

MacBook Pro 2016 graphic issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.