Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water in the screen!

So water spilled in my purse where my MacBook Pro was. I wiped it of immediately it didn’t appear that water got in there. I left it on and let it be. I just started using it and I notice a water stain in the screen. It appears to be working okay but I turned it off anyways. Any advice or what I should do would be great. The computer is a year old 13” MacBook Pro.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 6:00 PM

FWIW, I recently has a "small" water spill on my 2020 MacBook Pro. Although I wiped it up quickly and powered-down the notebook, I still needed to get it repaired by Apple. In this case, that spill required that my notebook get replacements for its logic board, trackpad, and display.

Water, in your notebook's screen is not a good sign and it is very possible that there will be additional damage if you continue to use it. I strongly suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options. Alternatively, you can use the "Get Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page to request mail-in service.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 6:00 PM in response to Ace477

FWIW, I recently has a "small" water spill on my 2020 MacBook Pro. Although I wiped it up quickly and powered-down the notebook, I still needed to get it repaired by Apple. In this case, that spill required that my notebook get replacements for its logic board, trackpad, and display.

Water, in your notebook's screen is not a good sign and it is very possible that there will be additional damage if you continue to use it. I strongly suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options. Alternatively, you can use the "Get Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page to request mail-in service.

Water in the screen!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.