Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac wont start up

My macbook pro wont start up even when i plug in the charger. it gives me a no battery indicator even though i charged it alot

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 6:40 PM

new_peep21 Said:

"Mac wont start up: My macbook pro wont start up even when i plug in the charger. it gives me a no battery indicator even though i charged it a lot [...]hey this might be some bug or a hardware issue(mostly) so better go visit the apple store and they might give you a clear insight on whats happening."

-------

What to Do:

I. To Start: Use another computer, in the meantime. Ask a friend, or peer, if you may use theirs, if you do not have another computer handy (with their permission, of course).

II. Troubleshooting Power:

A. Please Clarify:

• Did you install an update?
  • Have you had battery issues before?
  • Has this Mac been serviced recently?
  • What were you working on when this happened?

B. Try a New Charger:

If it is charing from an external device, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 6:40 PM in response to new_peep21

new_peep21 Said:

"Mac wont start up: My macbook pro wont start up even when i plug in the charger. it gives me a no battery indicator even though i charged it a lot [...]hey this might be some bug or a hardware issue(mostly) so better go visit the apple store and they might give you a clear insight on whats happening."

-------

What to Do:

I. To Start: Use another computer, in the meantime. Ask a friend, or peer, if you may use theirs, if you do not have another computer handy (with their permission, of course).

II. Troubleshooting Power:

A. Please Clarify:

• Did you install an update?
  • Have you had battery issues before?
  • Has this Mac been serviced recently?
  • What were you working on when this happened?

B. Try a New Charger:

If it is charing from an external device, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Mac wont start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.