Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not uploading to Icloud

I ran out of space on iCloud so my phone has been saving all of my photos to my iphone storage. I am now out of iPhone storage. I purchased the 200 GB plan for more icloud storage but my iphone is not uploading my photos to iCloud. Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 11:40 PM

Hello JessB1013,

This is likely because "The photos and videos that you keep in iCloud Photos use your iCloud storage and your device storage. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud and on your device, you can store as many photos and videos as you like. Learn more about iCloud storage and device storage.” Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

To free up space on your device, make sure Optimize Storage is turned on. Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 11:40 PM in response to JessB1013

Hello JessB1013,

This is likely because "The photos and videos that you keep in iCloud Photos use your iCloud storage and your device storage. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud and on your device, you can store as many photos and videos as you like. Learn more about iCloud storage and device storage.” Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

To free up space on your device, make sure Optimize Storage is turned on. Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

Photos not uploading to Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.