Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my app remote to Apple TV

How do I connect my Apple TV to apple remote app???

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 10:31 AM

The Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch supports Apple TV (3rd generation or later), not 2nd generation. Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The device have to be already on the same network. You may need a functional remote to help set it up.

The Apple TV Remote app from the App Store is no longer available there (but still works if you already have it on your iPhone from last year or earlier).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2021 10:31 AM in response to najwafahad

The Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch supports Apple TV (3rd generation or later), not 2nd generation. Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The device have to be already on the same network. You may need a functional remote to help set it up.

The Apple TV Remote app from the App Store is no longer available there (but still works if you already have it on your iPhone from last year or earlier).

How do I connect my app remote to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.