Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate junk folders in Big Sur Mail

How do I consolidate my Big Sur mail Junk folders?

Big Sur Mail handles trash & junk poorly

I want to quickly scan my junk, making sure that it is correct before deleting it.  But with Big Sur, I have trash and junk folders “On My Mac”, on “iCloud”, and on my other e-mail account.

I went to preferences and discovered that I could change my iCloud MailBox behaviors to go to trash and junk “On My Mac”, except that now I had two Trash folders and two Junk folders On My Mac.  Changing that setting back got rid of the “On My Mac” duplicates, but I still had duplicates elsewhere.

And I couldn’t change the behavior at all for my other e-mail account.

My old iMac couldn't run Big Sur, and my new iMac can't run anything but Big Sur.

iMac 24″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 7:07 AM

You can add an "All Junk" consolidated junk folder to the Favorites by clicking on the + button on the right side of the Favorites header.

You will see all server mailboxes listed under each Account. Adding them to Favorites will not remove them from the account listing.

Similar questions

2 replies

Duplicate junk folders in Big Sur Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.