Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seeking solutions for retaining old discontinued apps that no longer accessible due to recent iOS updates

I have discontinued app that no longer in App Store but it still accessible for me I to use for my project. Now, my iPad is updated to 14.6 and the app is no longer accessible because app not compatible with the new updates. How can I fix this problem without jail breaking. The ideal solution would be to downgrade iOS to earlier version but I can’t find any solution without jail breaking it. I need two apps to do my work. It’s old yes but I still need it and Apple should have exception for those of us that still relied on old apps.

iPhone SE, 14

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 6:03 AM

If you are experiencing any difficulty with third-party apps then please contact the app developer directly --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

5 replies

Aug 1, 2021 7:46 AM in response to SravanKrA

Contacting the developer is no longer possible, as the app can’t be opened and it has been withdrawn from the app store. I don’t have an email for the developer or even the name of the developer. Consequently, a year of my journal, 2020, that I failed to back up is no longer available to me. I should be able to at least convert the data in it to a text file or as an import to something else! Of course I should have backed that up, but 2020 was a very strange year in many ways. I’m very disappointed I can no longer trust the Apple App Store as a source of journal apps.

Aug 1, 2021 8:19 AM in response to zoozyq

Apps that don’t get updates eventually fail, and apps from any developer (including Apple) can be abandoned.

Acquire a stuck-on-an-older-version iPhone or iPad, associate it with your Apple ID, load the old app there, and transfer your data.

It might also be possible to extract the data from an app backup, though that amounts to reverse-engineering the app and its storage. If the app stored that data securely, that might be a problem. If the data was stored in an unencrypted file or unencrypted database, less so, but still a hassle.

Seeking solutions for retaining old discontinued apps that no longer accessible due to recent iOS updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.