Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't authorize my brand new iMac cause it says I already have 5 computers authorized but I deleted two of them from my account

How do I get Apple Music to understand that I have deleted two of my old computers?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 11:47 AM

If you’ve never de-authorized any computers then they continue to take up slots in your authorized devices list.

If you no longer have the computers and can deauthorize them individually in iTunes on each computer then you will need to deauthorize all your computers, and then authorize the ones you still own.

See here for steps: link-> Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2021 11:47 AM in response to apefan23

If you’ve never de-authorized any computers then they continue to take up slots in your authorized devices list.

If you no longer have the computers and can deauthorize them individually in iTunes on each computer then you will need to deauthorize all your computers, and then authorize the ones you still own.

See here for steps: link-> Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

I can't authorize my brand new iMac cause it says I already have 5 computers authorized but I deleted two of them from my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.