Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can receive calls on my iPad, but I can’t make them.

I can receive calls on my iPad, but I can’t make them. How do I correct this?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 3:34 PM

You must have your iPhone connected somehow to your iPad to receive calls from your iPad, UNLESS you are referring to FaceTime audio/video calls, which IS different from an actual cell phone audio/video call.

If you are actually referring to FaceTime audio/video calls you can initiated and receive FaceTime audio/video calls from any Apple iOS device.

Cell phone calls are a different story.

No iPad is a cell phone. This is why Apple makes iPhones for.

A cellular data iPad is ONLY for using a cellular service plan for data use ( alternative mobile cellular use for email, Internet use ) and for using the iPad as an accurate GPS device.

You need an iPhone to be able to receive and make calls from an iPad to an iPhone ( basically using an iPad as a remote paired to an iPhone ).

If NO cellular data feature on your iPad ( WiFi ONLY iPad ), but you want to receive and initiate actual cell phone calls from your iPad to an iPhone, then you need to wirelessly pair your iPhone to your iPad and use the Siri voice assistant to ask Siri to make calls from your pre-set up list of contacts within your iPhone/iPad contacts app.

Follow directions in this Apple online iPad Users Guide link below.

Tap the link below.

Make and receive phone calls on iPad - Apple Support

Good Luck to You!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2021 3:34 PM in response to StanleyLG

You must have your iPhone connected somehow to your iPad to receive calls from your iPad, UNLESS you are referring to FaceTime audio/video calls, which IS different from an actual cell phone audio/video call.

If you are actually referring to FaceTime audio/video calls you can initiated and receive FaceTime audio/video calls from any Apple iOS device.

Cell phone calls are a different story.

No iPad is a cell phone. This is why Apple makes iPhones for.

A cellular data iPad is ONLY for using a cellular service plan for data use ( alternative mobile cellular use for email, Internet use ) and for using the iPad as an accurate GPS device.

You need an iPhone to be able to receive and make calls from an iPad to an iPhone ( basically using an iPad as a remote paired to an iPhone ).

If NO cellular data feature on your iPad ( WiFi ONLY iPad ), but you want to receive and initiate actual cell phone calls from your iPad to an iPhone, then you need to wirelessly pair your iPhone to your iPad and use the Siri voice assistant to ask Siri to make calls from your pre-set up list of contacts within your iPhone/iPad contacts app.

Follow directions in this Apple online iPad Users Guide link below.

Tap the link below.

Make and receive phone calls on iPad - Apple Support

Good Luck to You!

I can receive calls on my iPad, but I can’t make them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.