Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air m1 stuck in reboot loop. Startup options not working!

I finally purchased a MacBook in May after years of wanting one due to my love for Mac OS (and due to my Windows laptop starting to bite the dust). It’s an M1 MacBook Air running Big Sur. So I was working earlier and my laptop froze for a few seconds and restarted. I thought nothing of it, figuring that it was just a random annoying crash. It went into a boot loop for about a minute and eventually booted and I was about to get back to work. I use my iPad as a second monitor using sidecar. As soon as I activated sidecar my MacBook’s screen went pink and rebooted. However this time it never fully rebooted into Mac OS. It would get to the Apple logo, the loading bar would appear and occasionally fill up a bit and it would restart. I’ve tried several times to get into the startup menu so that I can diagnose the problem and the same thing occurs. I’ve only gotten into the startup menu once. A few seconds after the menu loaded and I moved the cursor, it froze and the screen went pink again. It then restarted and the screen filled with colorful static that slowly filled the screen before entering the boot loop again (Apple Logo and everything appeared, the static went away). This boot loop has been happening for hours. I’m not sure what to do at this point. I tried turning it off for a while but it’s doing the same to if upon turning it back on.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 9:58 AM

Hello docktacake1,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that difficulty with your MacBook no longer starting up properly. You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far.

Are you also unable to boot your MacBook into the Apple Diagnostic per the steps in the following article? Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

If so, you’ll want to reach out to Apple Support so they can look into this behavior further: Contact Apple Support

Hopefully that puts you on the path to getting this addressed.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2021 9:58 AM in response to docktacake1

Hello docktacake1,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that difficulty with your MacBook no longer starting up properly. You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far.

Are you also unable to boot your MacBook into the Apple Diagnostic per the steps in the following article? Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

If so, you’ll want to reach out to Apple Support so they can look into this behavior further: Contact Apple Support

Hopefully that puts you on the path to getting this addressed.

Take care.

MacBook Air m1 stuck in reboot loop. Startup options not working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.