Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant see my Documents folder on local hard disk

Suddenly my Documents folder has disappeared from Finder. It shows only the Documents from Cloud!!

Even clicking 'Go' and following users-> etc. does not help

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 2:28 AM

That is because you have elected (apparently unwittingly) to use "Documents and Desktop in iCloud".

If you click on iCloud Drive in a Finder window Sidebar, there is your Documents folder (and Desktop, too).

If you want to undo this: go to System Preferences->Internet Accounts, click on iCloud. Click the Options button next to iCloud Drive:

Then UNcheck the box below, but be CAREFUL... you will be asked if you want to keep local copies. OF COURSE you DO, otherwise you will lose your documents. I recommend that before you uncheck it, you make a copy of the contents of Documents and Desktop to separate folders in your drive.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2021 2:28 AM in response to Tarananda

That is because you have elected (apparently unwittingly) to use "Documents and Desktop in iCloud".

If you click on iCloud Drive in a Finder window Sidebar, there is your Documents folder (and Desktop, too).

If you want to undo this: go to System Preferences->Internet Accounts, click on iCloud. Click the Options button next to iCloud Drive:

Then UNcheck the box below, but be CAREFUL... you will be asked if you want to keep local copies. OF COURSE you DO, otherwise you will lose your documents. I recommend that before you uncheck it, you make a copy of the contents of Documents and Desktop to separate folders in your drive.

Cant see my Documents folder on local hard disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.