Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Thunderbolt-Ethernet

Device: 2017 13" Macbook Air - MacOS BigSur 11.4

How can I make my MacBook detect the Thunderbolt-Ethernet adapter? When I select the 'Network' option in 'System Preferences', the only options that come up are "Wi-Fi" and "Thunderbolt Bridge" even when the adapter and ethernet cable are connected respectively. The Ethernet cable is working, I tried it on another computer and it does give out internet (for lack of a better expression...). The adapter is literally brand new, and what I may be thinking is that it simply came faulty from Amazon...

I have tried multiple things, and can't seem to find a way to make it work. Wi-Fi works just fine, but I would really like to connect an Ethernet cable for a more stable and faster connection.

MacBook Air 13″, 11.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 8:49 PM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2021 7:13 AM in response to woodmeister50

I tried that before, but it doesn't show up either. The images following this are the only options there are, note that at the moment of taking the screen shots, the Thunderbolt-Ethrenet adapter was connected and the Ethernet cable was putting out data. Previously, I even tried to delete the Network Preferences.plist document under Computer > MacOSHD > Library > Preferences > System Configuration, and restart the computer.

MacBook Air Thunderbolt-Ethernet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.