Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Phone erase

Why am I asked to sign out of my Apple ID when trying to completely erase old phone and if I do that and completely erase my old phone will it effect my new phone?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 1:12 AM

You shouldn't manually delete your contacts, calendars, reminders, documents, photos, or any other iCloud information while you're signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID. This would delete your content from the iCloud servers and any of your devices signed in to iCloud.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade-in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 1:12 AM in response to Eraseoldphone

You shouldn't manually delete your contacts, calendars, reminders, documents, photos, or any other iCloud information while you're signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID. This would delete your content from the iCloud servers and any of your devices signed in to iCloud.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade-in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Old Phone erase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.