Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bulk conversion of songs to lossless - Upgrading sound quality of my music collection

Is there a convenient way to convert my music collection (for which I have original CDs) that is on my MacBook to lossless in a bulk unattended fashion? I realize that I can "re-convert" one CD at a time, but I would rather not have to do that if I can avoid or minimize the hands-on effort. My Music on iTunes is either 256 or 128 - don't recall at the minute.

Also, as a current subscriber of AppleOne, can the downloaded songs from AppleOne (for which I do not own the CD/DVD), be easily converted in a bulk fashion?

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 3:44 PM

Gdrenick wrote:

Now that I did another search, I see that my above topic is one that keeps on giving year after year - for at least 13 years.

Unless there is anything new in the world of Apple Music options (which is relatively recent), I will assume all of the courteous replies will be something like, "suck it up, just do it" (i.e., the one-by-one CD conversion). Thanks!

Gdrenick,

Well, the new thing in the last 13 years is the recent announcement of lossless in Apple Music. if you are an AM subscriber, you can download any of tens of millions of tracks in lossless. If they happen to match oder tracks already in your library, you might have a momentary sensation of having "converted" something, but in fact, nothing gets converted.

Also please be aware that the Apple Music tracks are protected and can only be played while your subscription is active. In that respect, they are not equivalent to the ones you ripped from CD.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 3:44 PM in response to Gdrenick

Gdrenick wrote:

Now that I did another search, I see that my above topic is one that keeps on giving year after year - for at least 13 years.

Unless there is anything new in the world of Apple Music options (which is relatively recent), I will assume all of the courteous replies will be something like, "suck it up, just do it" (i.e., the one-by-one CD conversion). Thanks!

Gdrenick,

Well, the new thing in the last 13 years is the recent announcement of lossless in Apple Music. if you are an AM subscriber, you can download any of tens of millions of tracks in lossless. If they happen to match oder tracks already in your library, you might have a momentary sensation of having "converted" something, but in fact, nothing gets converted.

Also please be aware that the Apple Music tracks are protected and can only be played while your subscription is active. In that respect, they are not equivalent to the ones you ripped from CD.

Jul 5, 2021 9:08 AM in response to Gdrenick

Bulk conversion of songs to lossless - Upgrading sound quality of my music collection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.