Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water mark/stain on my iPhone 12 Pro screen and side

Hi all, so I was at the pool this past weekend and got a bit of pool water on the phone when I was changing songs. Usually this is no problem at all, as I take my phone in the shower and will touch the screen with wet hands.

After the pool, I noticed my iPhone 12 Pro has some water looking stains/markings on my screen and sides. I tried wiping the phone off with a towel, and it didn’t come off. I tried with a warm wet towel later and it still is there. Any thoughts on how to remove the stains?

Thanks,

Jon

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 9:32 PM

You don't.

To prevent liquid damage, avoid these:

• Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
  • Exposing your iPhone to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
  • Using your iPhone in a sauna or steam room
  • Intentionally submerging your iPhone in water
  • Operating your iPhone outside the suggested temperature ranges or in extremely humid conditions
  • Dropping your iPhone or subjecting it to other impacts
  • Disassembling your iPhone, including removing screws

Minimize exposing your iPhone to soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, and any liquids—for example, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, adhesive remover, hair dye, and solvents.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207043

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 9:32 PM in response to onetruevu

You don't.

To prevent liquid damage, avoid these:

• Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
  • Exposing your iPhone to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
  • Using your iPhone in a sauna or steam room
  • Intentionally submerging your iPhone in water
  • Operating your iPhone outside the suggested temperature ranges or in extremely humid conditions
  • Dropping your iPhone or subjecting it to other impacts
  • Disassembling your iPhone, including removing screws

Minimize exposing your iPhone to soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, and any liquids—for example, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, adhesive remover, hair dye, and solvents.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207043

Water mark/stain on my iPhone 12 Pro screen and side

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.