Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Relocation of files due to macOS upgrade

I've read a number of Q&As on the issue of relocated files follow macOS upgrade. Direction is provided to the User/Shared/Relocated folders, but I cannot locate any files in these folders. There are seven, the first six marked 'Previously Relocated Items' 1-6, and the most recent one marked 'Relocated Items'. The only files in these folders is 'Configuration' (Library and Private containing no files), and 'Security', with a pdf explainer. Please help me...I've appear to have lost years of work!!!

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 10:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 3:31 AM

Usually there will be nothing of note in these relocated folders.

What are you missing and where was it before?

In Documents? Desktop?

Click "iCloud Drive" in a Finder window Sidebar. I bet you will find Documents and Desktop there.

Many users click through the dialogs and, without noticing, check to enable "Documents & Desktop in iCloud".

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2021 3:31 AM in response to Flebrocq

Usually there will be nothing of note in these relocated folders.

What are you missing and where was it before?

In Documents? Desktop?

Click "iCloud Drive" in a Finder window Sidebar. I bet you will find Documents and Desktop there.

Many users click through the dialogs and, without noticing, check to enable "Documents & Desktop in iCloud".

Relocation of files due to macOS upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.