Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad keeps shutting down after this last update from apple

What can I do?

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 3:06 AM

Reinstalling the Operating System may resolve the problem.

First, ensure that you have a current iCloud or iTunes backup of your iPad:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

When you’re confident that you have a current backup, restoring your iPad to Factory Settings will completely wipe the iPad - and install a fresh copy of iPadOS:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Use of a PC or Mac computer is unavoidable. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist.

At the end of the restore process, you’ll have opportunity to restore your data from your iCloud or iTunes backup. As a diagnostic tool, I recommend that you do not initially restore from backup - but first complete set-up “as new” to verify stability of the iPad.

If all is well - and the problem has been resolved - then is the time to restore your data from your backup:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2021 3:06 AM in response to Janice3012

Reinstalling the Operating System may resolve the problem.

First, ensure that you have a current iCloud or iTunes backup of your iPad:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

When you’re confident that you have a current backup, restoring your iPad to Factory Settings will completely wipe the iPad - and install a fresh copy of iPadOS:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Use of a PC or Mac computer is unavoidable. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist.

At the end of the restore process, you’ll have opportunity to restore your data from your iCloud or iTunes backup. As a diagnostic tool, I recommend that you do not initially restore from backup - but first complete set-up “as new” to verify stability of the iPad.

If all is well - and the problem has been resolved - then is the time to restore your data from your backup:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

My iPad keeps shutting down after this last update from apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.